TABITHA MINISTRIES NEWSLETTER - JULY 2014
Click here for PDF version with pictures
July was a great holiday month for Tabitha Ministries
Our US mission teams provided holiday clubs and bible study/soccer camps for the Tabitha kids and the children in the Sweetwaters community. Tabitha also sponsored a free eye clinic and SPCA talk in Sweetwaters. A food shipment of Numana (rice/bean mixture) arrived from BGR on July 23rd. This will feed many hungry people in the community. 10 of our Hope Centre children got the opportunity to attend the Dare to Dream Camp for a week as well. We are very happy campers this month for sure!
Holiday Clubs & Soccer Camps!
Our kids enjoyed the holiday club given on campus by our US team from Kentucky. The KY team also provided a holiday club for 80+ children & teens in Sweetwaters. Tabitha also sponsored two Bible study-soccer camps in Sweetwaters which were gracious run by our mission team from Mississippi. We gave away 163 Bibles during those two weeks to the Sweetwaters community kids.
Healing for the whole community
Tabitha sponsored a free eye clinic to provide reading glasses to the adults of Sweetwaters. For two days, our eye physician fitted patients with new glasses. Our interpreters proclaimed the gospel in the waiting area to the people as they waited. Also the SPCA came and gave a very well attended and informative talk on how to take better care of the pets in the Sweetwaters community.
House Visits and Boy’s Dorm
Sweetwater house visits continue with 3 new patients coming to know Christ. We delivered Buckets of Hope along with Bibles and medications to help bring healing to the body and soul.
Our boy’s wing is almost complete. We added much needed shelving thanks to local donors. Our interns also painted the boy’s bedrooms with beautiful murals.
Dare to Dream
Ten of our Tabitha children got to go for the week to the Dare to Dream camp. They enjoyed camping outdoors, hiking, and learning to use bows & arrows and shoot sling shots.
We also received a 40 foot container of Numana (nutritious mixture of rice and beans|) from Baptist Global Response. This will go a long way to providing food for our child headed house homes in the Sweetwaters community.
Happy Birthday this month to Aphile, Aphelele, Anele, and Nzuzo!
Donations make us dance for joy!
• Used or new laptops for our computer room
• Replace carpet in girl’s wing
• New or used American DVD player and DVD’s.
• Curtains for girls lounge and bedroom
• Used or new children's tennis shoes (ages 2-4).
• Used VHS movies for kids
• Hoodie sweatshirts –all kid sizes
• Children’s pajamas for ages 8-11
• Dressing tables for girls (3)
• Dressing tables for girl’s bedrooms
• Hand held mirrors for the girls' bedroom dressing table (8)
Praises and Prayer Concerns:
• 3 lost souls saved in July in Sweetwaters on house visits!
• Opportunity to spread God’s Word during Sweetwaters holiday&soccer clubs
• God providing funds and donations for Tabitha kids to have winter clothing
• God to give our children good health during the winter flu season.
• Volunteer Texas team to arrive safely and be effective serving in August
• God to restore good health to all our staff members
• Guidance in staffing and to see God’s vision clearly in the ministry
• Wisdom with teaching our children discipline and during play therapy
News Archive | Current News