Click here for PDF version with pictures
May....The Month of Change
May has been a big month full of changes for our ministry. We sadly had to wish farewell to Jan and Cheryl Ferreira our former school administrator and principal at Christian Life Academy. Mr. Thomas Queen has accepted the principal position of the school. The school also welcomed a new Grade 1 teacher. Our children excelled in a gym competition. Our new 6 US interns arrived this month which gives us some much need help. Our construction on the boy’s dorm is in full swing with daily changes to each room as we paint away.....This is change we really can believe in!
Farewell to the Ferreira Family
We had to bid a sad farewell to Jan and Cheryl Ferreira, our Christian Life Academy School Administrator/Chaplain and Headmaster/Principal. Jan sensed the Lord calling him to pastor a church in another city. He and Cheryl have answered the call and will go serve there. The Tabitha family will miss them. We appreciate all their years of service to the school and wish them all the best on their new endeavour.
Meet our New Principal
Thomas Queen was offered the newly vacated position of principal of Christian Life Academy. After much thought and prayer, Mr. Queen accepted this new challenge. He desires to make much of Christ as always in the school and the goals and mission of the school will remain the same.
Tabitha’s Gym Stars!
The children of Tabitha competed in a local gymnastic competition on Friday 16 May. Lulu won a Silver Medal. Mandy and Tim Tim took home the bronze. Our youngest children all received their orange badges and certificates. Well done, Ingi, Nzuzo, Bunny and Amanda! We are so proud of all of you.
Congratulations to Nqobile!
Nqobile won the Best Academic Achiever Award for Term 2 at Christian Life Academy. We are so proud of him!
Our Super Summer Interns!
Our 6 new summer interns have all arrived safely with all their luggage too. Yippee!!!!! Scott and Nate are going to help mentor our boys spiritually and help with "manly tasks". Lauren and Shelby will do physical therapy with Seth our little handicapped child. Julie and Emily will help teach in the school and paint murals for the boy’s dorm and girl's lounge. All our interns will lead devotional small groups with our children. We love you guys!
Paint those Walls!
The walls are up thanks to our 4 man American April team. Now our interns & local volunteers are busy painting the boys dorms. They will paint the boys dorm literally from ceiling to floor. They also have put the shiny coat on our wood lockers for each child. A little paint really makes a house a home.
Chop Chop Chop!
Baking classes are in full swing. We made pizza and banana smoothies this month. Also on the menu was hamburgers & fries and ostrich stroganoff. Baking class has the best exams one has ever tasted! Mmm Mmm good.
Donations that will make us stronger
- Used or New Laptops for our computer room
- Heavy duvet and blankets for children’s beds for winter
- Used or new children's tennis shoes for winter (sizes 10-3)
- Jerseys, Coats, Socks, scarves, toboggans, and gloves for winter
- Hoodie sweatshirts and PJ’s for kids ages 8-11
- Toothbrushes or Plasters/Band aides for children
- Hand held mirrors for the girls' bedroom dressing table
- Art canvases for painting
Praises and Prayer Concerns
- The new interns are here
- Local volunteers continuing support in boys dorm construction
- Christian Life Academy administrative transition (to go smoothly)
- Wisdom for separating boys from girls with staffing
- God to move in our Tabitha children's heart as they are mentored by our interns and staff daily
- God to prepare hearts in Sweetwaters to receive His word during house visits and during July evangelism outreaches (VBS & Soccer camps)
- God to restore our faithful maintenance man, Gwala who has had a stroke
- God to give our children good health during the winter
- God to continue sending solid Christian workers and skilled volunteers who are faithful and dependable to our ministry to accomplish God’s work.