Food Security for Babies
This programme has been established to assist babies who are living with mothers who are sick and destitute and are no longer receiving milk formula from their local clinic. The ages of these babies range from 4 months to 2 years.
Types of Services Provided
- Milk and fortified porridge provided weekly
- Clothing and bedding provided where necessary
- Clinic Compliance Improved
- Increase in Immunization
- Dramatic nutrition improvement
- General well-being of mother and baby improved due to increased supervision of nutritional and health care.
- If the infant is in the care of an elderly grandmother this service provides support and relief in a poverty situation.